When there’s money involved, anything has the unpleasant potential to become more like a business. Your sugar daddy is used to business relationships and he is used to working in an environment where money gives people the right to expect more from the people they deal with. He is used to being the boss.
Whatever your relationship, even if you are submissive in the bedroom, there are certain signs that your sugar daddy might be too controlling.
1. Adding you on social media is normal if you want to be friends as well as sleeping together. However, it can also be a way for him to keep tabs on certain parts of your life and a way for him to find out about your friends and family. Decide how much of your life you want to share with him. There are options to limit who can see certain things on your profiles.
2. Asking to meet your friends and meeting you at work is another one of those things that would be perfectly normal in a conventional relationship. As a sugar baby, you’ll have to work out how open you want to be about seeing a sugar daddy. How many people do you want to tell?
3. If he meets you at work, that might be incredibly awkward for you. If he wants to hang out with you whilst you are with your friends, he is becoming a bigger part of your life. Any situation where he meets people in your regular life means that your sugar daddy has an amount of influence over that part of your life, as well as the relationship you have when you’re alone together.
4. Demanding too much of your time. As a sugar baby, you should be entitled to your own life, outside of the time you spend with your sugar daddy. What’s the point in having extra cash if you can’t spend it doing things you enjoy with your friends?
5. Keeping track of where you are. Any time that you are not with your sugar daddy is your own time. If it’s work or the gym or any time to chill out, it is your time and you shouldn’t have to justify what you do and where you go to a sugar daddy.
Questions about male friends. Too much interest in any guys you hang out with could be signs that your sugar daddy is becoming possessive.
6. If you met on a dating site, he may well keep track of how recently or how often you still visit the site once you are together. You should be open and honest if you are not exclusive to your sugar daddy. If he suspects you of seeing other men, regardless of what you have agreed, being honest will be better than letting the relationship sink into jealousy and eventual anger when he finds out the truth or if he gets too frustrated with suspicion.
7. With-holding your allowance unless you agree to something specific or something extra than you had previously agreed. If your sugar daddy starts to change your agreement, be very careful about how long far you let him make changes. If he starts to cut down the allowance or asks to increase the time you spend together, make sure they are joint decisions and that you are not being taken advantage of.