buy sale items,
pack your lunch…
These are all common money saving tips, but here are 10 frugal living tips that I’ll bet you didn’t know!
- Half Price Rotisserie Chickens – Just last week I was in the grocery, and the lady in front of me was buying 7 rotisserie chickens! Being nosy, I asked her what she was going to do with all that chicken! Her answer? Rotisserie chickens are half price after 7:30, so it’s the perfect time to stock-up, chop-up & freeze!
- Make Your Own Teeth Whitening Rinse – Mix your mouthwash with peroxide (50/50) for an inexpensive teeth whitening rinse!
- Discounted Gift Cards for Everyday Purchases – I love buying discounted gift cards, but I’ve never thought about buying them for everyday purchases like groceries and gas! Well, that’s exactly what Ashley did in a recent challenge,먹튀 and she saved $206.29 in March by living on nothing but discount gift cards. The average savings was 10% per merchant, across 23 merchants and 40 cards that covered restaurants, groceries, entertainment, gas and more. If you’re a frugal shopper looking for new ways to cut costs without making major lifestyle or spending changes, try discounted gift cards!
- Musty Smelling Towels? – If your towels have a musty smell, don’t throw them away…simply add 1 cup of vinegar to your next load along with your regular laundry detergent. I promise, they won’t smell like vinegar…they’ll smell fresh and clean!
- E-bates – This is likely the easiest way to save money! Whenever you’re shopping on line, search for your store through the E-bates site, make your purchase and earn cash back! I just went to Ebates and bought a pair of shoes from Nordstrom, I received a coupon code for free shipping plus 3% cash back on my purchase! Ebates really does seem to good to be true, but they are simply sharing a portion of the commission they receive from the retailers for sending them customers.
- Slow Down, Save Gas – I’ll admit, we’ve all heard this one, but do you realize how much gas you can save? Driving 65 m.p.h. uses 15% more gas than driving 55 m.p.h…that’s like paying 40¢ more per gallon!
- Save on Prescriptions – Avoid medications known as “Combo Pills.” These medications combine more than one medication into a single pill. For example, Lotrel is a blood pressure combo pill that costs $70 a month (generic). However, if you get a prescription for each component, you’ll save a huge amount of money. The 30-day prescriptions of the two elements that make up Lotreal – Amlodipine and Benazepril – are $6 each, which is a cost of $12 total.
- Affordable Travel – If you’re on a tight budget but don’t want to give up your vacations, consider joining a hospitality exchange club. Members of these clubs are willing to open their homes to travelers to accommodate their lodging needs. In return, members will also receive lodging accommodations when it’s time for their vacation. It’s a guilt-free way to continue to enjoy travel!
- Search and Ye Shall Find – Find your inner do-it-yourselfer! The internet is an amazing resource, and there’s a video tutorial out there that will teach you just about anything! Want to save money by fixing your own toilet…there’s a You Tube video for that!
- Repurpose – This is a relatively new word in my vocabulary! Repurpose simply means finding a new use for something! I recently learned to repurpose an old picture frame and window screen into a great earring display for my daughter. Total cost: $0. It was as simple as using a staple gun to attach window screen to the frame.
New ways to save money are always popping up in the frugal living world, and I promise to continue to share any new discoveries!
Sharing = SAVING!
Please click on the title of this article to share your favorite little known frugal living tip!
* What is The Budget Diet?
is a diet for your wallet… not your waistline! You’ll discover a collection of Shape-Up Tips to help you slim down your daily spending! Whether you need to cut back a lot or just a little, you’re sure to find plenty of Shape Up Tips that your family can live with. Challenge yourself to incorporate my top 5 Shape Up Tips in your life, and subscribe to my free Shape Up Tip of the day and you’ll soon find your family saving at least $400 a month! So, let’s get this diet started!